1. All Users must act with courtesy to the Bar Hill Community.
2. No smoking is allowed in any part of the Village Hall.
3. Insurance. One off events are covered by the Village Halls insurance policy.
4. Hirers and organisers of events in the Village Hall are responsible for ensuring that the noise level of their functions is such that it does not interfere with other activities within the building nor causes inconvenience for the occupiers of nearby houses and property.
5. Hirers must comply with any instruction of the Village Hall Management Committee relating to the security, maintenance, good order and health and safety of the village hall. All accidents must be recorded in the Accident Book, which will be held in the kitchen area with the first aid box and fire blanket.
6. No signage or posters are to erected internally or external to the building. Only internal decorations approved by the prior consent of the Management Committee may be used in conjunction with totally non-damaging fixings e.g. “White Tac”
7. The Management Committee reserve the right to refuse to hire, or may cancel with or without notice any agreed hire, if in their opinion, such use could be detrimental to the fabric of the building or its fixtures, fittings and contents or be contrary to the principles of use for which the premises is intended.
8. Hirers/Users will not, without the consent of the Management Committee introduce equipment, alter fixed installations, alter or remove fire and safety equipment, or otherwise take any action which may create a hazard for persons using the Premises.
9. It is the Hirers/Users responsibility to ensure that all equipment brought into the premises meets current safety regulations. The Village Hall Management Committee cannot be held responsible for any accident that involves any equipment the Hirer/User or his/her agent has brought onto the premises. The Hirer/User must advise the Booking Officer at the time of booking of any equipment he/she or their agent intends to bring onto the premises.
10. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcohol thereon without written permission.
11. The sale of Alcoholic drinks other than those provided by Bar Hill Sports and Social Club requires a licence and the Village Hall Management Committee reserve the right to approve the licence holder.
12. In order to hold a licensable activity not covered by the Village Halls Premises Licence a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) will need to be given to the licensing authority. The hirer shall obtain the written consent of the Management Committee before giving the licensing authority a TEN. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the hiring without compensation because there is a limit on the number of TEN’s which can be granted annually for any premises.
13. The Hirers shall not do, or permit, nor suffer to be done on the premises or within the curtilage of its boundaries including the car park, paths and surrounds anything which may invalidate the insurance of the premises or increase the premium of such insurance and/or which may cause a noise or be of annoyance to the general public or occupiers of surrounding properties.
14. All use of the Village Hall premises and facilities is subject to the users accepting responsibility, for returning furniture and equipment to their original placing and to leaving the premises and grounds in a clean and tidy condition. If the premises and grounds are not left in a satisfactory condition all or part of the deposit may be forfeit. Persons hiring the premises will be held liable for any damage to buildings, furniture or other property that is caused due to this hiring, and a claim for repair or replacement of such buildings, furniture or other property will be made. Please report all damage in writing to the Booking Clerk.
15. Litter, rubbish and all waste must not be left in or about the premises and grounds; all rubbish must be removed and placed in appropriate waste containers at the end of any function or event. No perishable foods are to be left on the premises. If the premises are left in a condition where rubbish or litter needs to be cleared by staff, all or part of the deposit will be forfeited.
16. The Hirer and group leaders must familiarise themselves with the Fire Proceedings on arrival at the Village Hall premises.
17. The Hirer is responsible for First Aid, Fire Safety, including evacuation to designated areas, and the security of the premises.
18. The Village Hall Management Committee do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for loss of personal belongings, money or articles of any description belonging to the hirer or any person attending the Village Hall. Cars and their contents are left at owners risk in the public car park. In all cases users of the Village Hall should avoid undue noise on arrival and departure.
19. No animals are allowed on the premises, except in the case of trained assistance dogs.
20. No group should exceed the numbers as laid down by the Fire Officer/Licensing Authority which is 200 people. This number must NOT be exceeded.
21. All bookings must be made through the Booking Clerk designated by the Village Hall Management Committee.
22. It is the responsibility of the Hirers to ensure that all lights and electrical appliances are switched off and kitchen facilities are properly cleaned prior to vacating the premises.
23. The Hiring Agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.
24. The Hirer is responsible for all conditions of hire.